28 Aralık 2021 Salı

Melancholy Tunes

 

Melancholy is like a shadow, follows your footsteps wherever you go. It's like a rain without rainbow, like a thunder without rain, like a rainbow in the night. It feels like something has left half-finished inside. Yet it's not clear whether melancholy is chronically flows in your veins or swings on your moods but it's obvious that there are something make better your melancholic moves, they're melancholy tunes.


Here, I picked up some sad songs to make you feel more blue but just make you sure that you're never alone! And please don't forget and hesitate to get professional support if you feel like there's something so wrong that you can't handle anymore.





1) Secret Garden - Nocturne (1995)

It was May 13, 1995 when all the world was feeling a little twisted by the song with a few words but a strong melody to tell a lot. Norway became the winner of the 40th Edition of the Eurovision Song Contest with "Nocturne".


Key Lyrics:

"Velvet blue, silent true

 It embraces your heart and soul, Nocturne"


2) Fleetwood Mac - Landslide (1975)

Stevie Nicks couldn't express her feelings better on growing up. Time changes you and it's not unnaturel to have fears about future.


Key Lyrics:

"Can the child within my heart rise above?

 Can I sail through the changin' ocean tides?

 Can I handle the season of my life?"


3) Pink Floyd-  Comfortably Numb (1980)

Roger Waters clarifies the common thing all we had lived once but never could explain while he's telling his story how he had became 'Comfortably Numb'.


Key Lyrics:

"When I was a child I had a fever

 My hand felt just like two balloons

 Now I've got rhat feeling once again

I can't explain you wouldn't understand"



4) Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms (1985)

Mark Knopfler writes about the shameful truth of world: Wars.


Key Lyrics:

"There's So Many Worlds

 So many different suns

 And we have just one world

 But we live in different ones"



5) The Korgis - Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime (1980)

   One of the most underrated songs ever, from 1980.


Key Lyrics:

"I need your loving like the sunshine

 Everybody's got to learn sometime"



6) Fleetwood Mac - Man of the World (1969)

Fleetwood Mac again but with a more melancholic tune and  Peter Green on vocals.


Key Lyrics:

"And there's no one I'd rather be

 But I wish that I'd never been born"


7) White Lion - When The Children Cry (1988)

White Lion tried to tell something but the world turned a deaf ear to the truth.


Key Lyrics:

"Little child dry your crying eyes

 How can I explain the fear you live inside?"



8) Mariah Carey - Looking In (1995)

An unknown masterpiece from Mariah Carey.


Key Lyrics:

"You'll never know the real me"



9) Fools Garden - Lemon Tree (1995)

One of the songs that makes 90's unforgettable.


Key Lyrics:

"I wonder how I wonder why

 Yesterday you told me about the blue, blue sky

 And all that I can see just a yellow lemon tree"



10) Moby - In This World (2002)

Moby tries to shout out the whole world about feeling like an alien within the crowd.

           

Key Lyrics:

"Lordy don't leave me

 All by myself"


11) Brook Benton - Rainy Night In Georgia (1969)

Brook Benton feels so lost under the pouring rain.


Key Lyrics:

"A rainy night in Georgia

 I feel like it's rainin' all over the world"



12) KT tunstall - Under The Weather (2005)

 KT just wants to feels like home...


Key Lyrics:

"When I turn out the light

 You're out of sight

 Although I know that I'm not alone

 Feels like home"


13) Simon & Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence (1965)

 Still a classic. Still brings tears into your eyes.


Key Lyrics:

"People talking without speaking

 People hearing without listening"


14) The Cranberries  - Electric Blue (1996)

An unknown treasure from Cranberries. Thank you Dolores...


Key Lyrics:

"Electric blue eyes, I need you"


15) Eva Cassidy - Over The Rainbow (1992)

Eva sings better than the original with her fairy soft voice.


Key Lyrics:

"Someday I'll wish upon a star

 And wake up where the clouds are behind me"


16) Joan Baez - Diamonds and Rust (1975)

Nobody could know breaking up with a bad boy would help Joan to write such a masterpiece.


Key Lyrics:

"Now I see you standing with brown leaves falling around

 And snow in your hair"


17) Queensryche - Silent Lucidity (1991)

A different subject not to make you feel alone and with a melancholic melody.


Key Lyrics:

"You're lying safe in bed

It was all a bad dream spinning in your head"



18) Tori Amos - Winter (1992)

Tori breaks all our hearts with this farewell to her father.


Key Lyrics:

"I tell you that I'll always want you near

 You say that things change, my dear"


19) Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven (1992)

The story behind is pretty sad. Eric surely knew that these words were never enough...


Key Lyrics:

"Would you know my name

 If I saw you in heaven?"



20) Johnny Cash - Hurt (2002)

Another better cover, than the original. The video of the song makes everything worse and you just burst into tears. Thank you Johnny!


Key Lyrics:

"I hurt myself today, to see if I still feel

 I focus on the pain, the only thing is real"



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder